Career Opportunities at Response I.T.
If you feel you are a good fit for any of these positions below, then please contact us with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with us, and why you’d be a great fit for the job.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Server & Network Administrator
This position of Server & Network Administrator is a key functional role within Response I.T.
Responsibilities include: providing internal customers with consistent reliable and professional technical support and troubleshooting, implementing solutions, supporting existing technologies and assisting in the planning process for future deployments.
Incumbent will work in a team environment with IT personnel and work in conjunction with external support and service organizations in the design, implementation, administration and support of networks, servers, workstations, other hardware and software as required.
This position executes and supports networked desktop and server related roll-outs and configuration, as well as maintains and improves the existing networked desktop and server environment for development and production operations. A combination of Microsoft desktop and network administration, network support self project management, security concepts, and zero downtime methodology is required for this role.
Please note this is an entry level position with possibility for advancement.
The Server and Network Administrator is an experienced networked desktop professional with the ability to maintain, support and deploy solutions.
- Plan & execute changes & installations and provide support of networked computers and equipment including desktops, laptops, servers.
- Microsoft (MS) Windows administration duties, including operating system (OS) installation & upgrades, patch maintenance, file systems maintenance, hardware agnostic Windows image development and maintenance.
- Support networked desktop security technologies such as intrusion detection and virus detection software.
- Administration, support and implementation of server hardware and software technologies including: Blade servers; RAID; SCSI technologies; Server virtualization; tape backup/disaster recovery systems; external data storage arrays; fault tolerance; networking and communications; and performance optimization.; network-level antivirus ;backup library software; intrusion detection technologies, etc.
- Complete installation, configuration and support of the PC platform, including support for PC hardware, operating system software (MS Windows XP and higher), MS Office Suites, systems, peripherals and related software & hardware.
- Develop and maintain desktop documentation and procedures
The position requires an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, all Microsoft Workstation and Server 2003 and higher, Microsoft Exchange 2007 and higher, Server Virtualization, IIS, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), and Good Technology. This position also requires MCSE and CCNA certification or equivalent experience.
The incumbent is expected to continuously upgrade their technical skills and to be aware of and understand advancing technologies in the industry through training, seminars, industry publications etc.
- Demonstrated capability for problem determination, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Ability to identify deficiencies within current processes or configurations, recommend changes and implement appropriate corrective procedures.
- Must be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, effectively prioritize customer issues and needs while remaining detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting and adapting to changing priorities.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and efficiently at all levels of staff and senior management, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work in a strong team environment but also work independently and complete work within specified deadlines including working with the application development team, helping to identify needs and assisting in the testing, implementation and support of application systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience of server, network, workstation and printer configuration, connectivity issues, system performance & profiles
- A thorough understanding of Active Directory, deployment and management is critical, in a single domain. Ability to configure, troubleshoot and support Windows Server and Desktop components (i.e. IIS, DHCP, DNS, WINS, NTFS, 2003 Domains, Terminal Server with Thin client).
- Direct prior experience implementing and supporting networked computers, deploying and supporting server platform hardware and software, VMware deployments PC hardware and software specifically in Windows 2003, XP, Windows 7 environments.
- Experience in the selection, configuration, and deployment of desktop computer and peripheral equipment. General Computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATION:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer Certification (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Web CMS Technician/Content Manager
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of web content management systems such as Joomla, WordPress and Drupal. They will be a strong team player who also works well independently. If you feel you possess the skills below and would make a great addition to our team please get in touch with us.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Joomla
- Ability to Insert, format and upload content into either CMS
- Ability to create widgets and install/configure Plugins, Templates, and Components (know the difference between each)
- Ability to setup and manage users, menu items and sidebars/modules in both CMS
- Proficient Photoshop Skills for formatting images and optimizing for web
- Keen grasp for design fundamentals such as colours and typography
- Experience optimizing elements for responsive display
- Working Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- FTP Experience
- Understanding and ability to add Alt Text to Images and Links
- Understanding of Google ecosystem and Meta Fields
- Familiarity with Analytics, YouTube, and Google Maps integration
Optional Bonus Skills
- Ability to setup WordPress or Joomla in a new environment
- Ability to manage and migrate content from and into a MySQL Database
- Understanding of SEO applications, both on-site and off-site
- Experience with Configuration and Customization of WordPress and Joomla Installations and Designs
- Comfortable troubleshooting and resolving conflicts and errors
This position is open immediately and the qualified candidate will be available between 8:30 and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Salary is to be discussed.
Please provide portfolio examples for design and for coding experience.